MICROGENERATION Certificate Scheme (mcs)
Alto Energy Limited is a registered installer under the MCS scheme.
What Is MCS?
The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) is a nationally recognised quality assurance scheme, supported by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, which is a requirement for a company who wish to commission renewable heating products, such as heat pumps.
MCS is also an eligibility requirement for the Government's financial incentives including the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). This means that if you don't deal with a fully MCS accredited company to commission your heat pump then you could miss out on thousands of pounds of government incentives.
For further information about MCS visit: www.microgenerationcertification.org
Benefits of MCS
MCS demonstrates the quality of products and competence of installers in the renewable technology sector, below are just a few of the benefits of going through an MCS accredited installer.
- Added Consumer Protection
- Quality Assurance
- Financial Incentives
- Planning Permission
- The Code For Sustainable Homes
- The Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP)
MCS UMBRELLA SCHEME
Working with Alto Energy ensures that our installation partners and their customers will be able to get MCS certification on their projects. Alto Energy's scope of certification is the following:
- MIS 3005: Air Source Heat Pump Systems
- MIS 3005: Ground Source Heat Pump Systems
Alto Energy provides access to MCS certification for non-MCS accredited installation partners through our MCS Umbrella Scheme. This means that Alto Energy takes responsibility for the design and specification of the heat pump, as well as providing commissioning and MCS registration services.
Find Out More About Our MCS Umbrella Scheme
The Home Insulation & Energy Systems Quality Assured Contractors Scheme (HIES)
What Is HIES?
The Home Insulation & Energy Systems Contractors Scheme (HIES) is a Consumer Protection organisation. HIES ensures that consumers are dealt with professionally, courteously and sympathetically. Any products installed by HIES Members must be fit for purpose, installed professionally and come with comprehensive guarantees which are underwritten with specialist insurance providing consumers with a high level of protection and peace of mind.
HIES also believes that consumers should have FREE access to robust dispute resolution and therefore provide consumers with free mediation, FREE Independent Inspections to assist with installation or product malfunctions (at HIES discretion) and FREE access to an independent Ombudsman service to help resolve any issue that may arise. To that end, The HIES Scheme Rules & Code of Practice is a stringent set of Rules and a ‘Modus Operandi’ that members must adhere to at all times in their dealings with consumers, our Code is approved by The Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
For further information about HIES visit: www.hiesscheme.org.uk
Benefits To Consumers (when using a HIES Member):
- HIES Code of Practice approved by Chartered Trading Standards Institute
- HIES Scheme fully endorsed by Nick Ross (former BBC Watchdog & Crimewatch presenter)
- Fully Vetted and Accredited Installers (to provide reassurance)
- FREE Consumer Advice Line: 0800 505 3412
- FREE Deposit Protection (up to 25% of the contract value)
- FREE Insurance Backed Guarantee (for every customer)
- FREE Mediation (to help fully resolve any disputes should they arise) FREE Independent Inspections (to assist with installation or product defects at HIES discretion) FREE access to an independent Ombudsman (to conclude disputes without incurring legal fees or costs)
HIES Consumer Brochure
HIES Consumer Brochure details what protection homeowners receive and the benefits of using a HIES member.
Homeowners are able to check they are registered with HIES online and the comprehensive accreditation process installers must pass to achieve a HIES member status.
For further details, click here to download the new Consumer Brochure.
Contact Us For More Information
f-gas compliant (REFCOM)
What Is REFCOM?
A company must legally apply for an F gas certificate if they install, maintain or service stationary refrigeration, air conditioning and/or heat pump equipment containing or designed to contain F gas refrigerants.
F gas regulations are enforced by the Environment Agency (EA). Refcom works closely with the EA to ensure better compliance and enforcement, and played a key role in the creation of the F gas company certification scheme in 2009 alongside Defra. REFCOM hold the market leading position in their industry.
Refcom Certification Ltd (Refcom) has been appointed by the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) to operate as a certification body under the EU fluorinated greenhouse gas (F gas) regulation.
For further information about REFCOM visit: www.refcom.org.uk
Contact Us For More Information
Ground Source Heat Pump ASSOCIATION (gshpa)
What Is The GSHPA?
The Ground Source Heat Pump Association encourages the growth and development of the ground source heat pump industry in the UK by:
- Promoting the efficient and sustainable use of ground source heat pumps
- Raising awareness of the benefits of ground source heat pumps
- Developing ground source Installation Standards
- Encouraging high standards of training for the industry
- Providing a forum for information interchange
- Liaising with related organisations to benefit the ground source industry
- Lobbying for Ground Source Energy industry in matters of local, national and international interest to members
The Ground Source Heat Pump Association provides information on GSHPs via their website to promote the ground source industry to key audiences. It co-ordinates closely with government and other trade associations and training organisations to work for high quality installations and the success of the ground source industry.
For further information about the GSHPA visit: www.gshp.org.uk