The Home Insulation & Energy Systems Quality Assured Contractors Scheme (HIES)
What Is HIES?
The Home Insulation & Energy Systems Contractors Scheme (HIES) is a Consumer Protection organisation. HIES ensures that consumers are dealt with professionally, courteously and sympathetically. Any products installed by HIES Members must be fit for purpose, installed professionally and come with comprehensive guarantees which are underwritten with specialist insurance providing consumers with a high level of protection and peace of mind.
HIES also believes that consumers should have FREE access to robust dispute resolution and therefore provide consumers with free mediation, FREE Independent Inspections to assist with installation or product malfunctions (at HIES discretion) and FREE access to an independent Ombudsman service to help resolve any issue that may arise. To that end, The HIES Scheme Rules & Code of Practice is a stringent set of Rules and a ‘Modus Operandi’ that members must adhere to at all times in their dealings with consumers, our Code is approved by The Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
For further information about HIES visit: www.hiesscheme.org.uk.
Benefits To Consumers (when using a HIES Member):
- HIES Code of Practice approved by Chartered Trading Standards Institute
- HIES Scheme fully endorsed by Nick Ross (former BBC Watchdog & Crimewatch presenter)
- Fully Vetted and Accredited Installers (to provide reassurance)
- FREE Consumer Advice Line: 0800 505 3412
- FREE Deposit Protection (up to 25% of the contract value)
- FREE Insurance Backed Guarantee (for every customer)
- FREE Mediation (to help fully resolve any disputes should they arise) FREE Independent Inspections (to assist with installation or product defects at HIES discretion) FREE access to an independent Ombudsman (to conclude disputes without incurring legal fees or costs)
HIES Consumer Brochure
HIES Consumer Brochure details what protection homeowners receive and the benefits of using a HIES member.
Homeowners are able to check they are registered with HIES online and the comprehensive accreditation process installers must pass to achieve a HIES member status.
For further details, click here to download the new Consumer Brochure.